I’ve recently made a number of additions and changes to the site. Among them:
- I added a Colophon page detailing how this site is organized, how it is made and served, and what tools I use in connection with it.
- I replaced the static HTML files that had been used as the source for pages on the main site with PHP to serve the HTML and allow for some dynamic elements, including a navigation menu that can now be updated for all pages in a single place. Individual pages now also include the date and time their contents were last modified in their metadata.
- The site navigation menu on the main site is now a sticky bar adhering to the bottom of each page.
- I’ve added a link to the blog from the homepage underneath the social media & platforms links (from which, as I just posted, I have also removed Twitter). The plan is to add some number of most recent posts below that linked heading—and probably add the two most recent posts the the Weblog main site navigation, too.
- I’ve refactored headings on pages on the main site. Where the heading used to be a
section, it’s now a
header. The first title and subtitle on each page is now an
h2only on the homepage (“John Dunlevy: Berwyn, Illinois USA”) and they are visually equivalent
pheadings now on the other pages where the copy has been standardized to my name for the title and “dunlevy.org website” for the subtitle. Where the page title had been reflected as an
h2on those other pages, it’s now an
h1below the non-homepage site header.
- Headings at the top of the blog pages and main site are now both the same size and weight—and a bit bigger than they were before.
- The Search page is now more properly a Site search & index page, and the “Site navigation stucture” table of contents list is now more properly a Bulma menu that better shows nested levels of pages—and page links now get a background color onmouseover.